About Tony Colyer
Tony Colyer has devoted his entire career to civil litigation and focuses on injury victims. Mr. Colyer was born and raised in Louisville, graduating from St. Xavier High School and then the University of Kentucky. He received his law degree from the University of Louisville Brandeis School of Law.
Past and current memberships, licensures and appointments:
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Louisville Bar Association
- Board of Tax Appeals, Kentucky Claims Commission
- Kentucky Registry of Election Finance
- United States District Court, Western District of Kentucky
- Kentucky Justice Association – Board of Governors
- American Association of Justice
- American Inns of Court – Barrister Member
- Kentucky Bar Association Well-Being Committee, District of Louisville
- Kentucky Super Lawyers® Rising Star in the area of Personal Injury Law
Mr. Colyer believes the justice system should protect citizens in times of vulnerability, including victims of personal injury. He has spent his entire legal career focused on injury law. This includes several years representing insurance companies’ interests in defending claims. This experience gives Mr. Colyer a unique perspective and strengthens his ability to represent your needs.
Mr. Colyer’s experience includes all phases of personal injury litigation, including trial and appeals. He is no stranger to the courtroom. Mr. Colyer believes the function of a good trial lawyer is quick results minimizing the cost on the client; however, he understands that some cases require litigation and trial. Mr. Colyer has the experience and resources required to ensure his clients receive a fair trial where a trial is necessary.
Mr. Colyer is proud to have served on the Kentucky Justice Association Board of Governors, as a Barrister Member of the America Inn of Court, and to have been appointed by Governor Andy Beshear to the Board of Tax Appeals for the Commonwealth of Kentucky. He is a member of St. Patrick Church, and a founding member of the St. Xavier Emerging Leaders Society, and is active in many associations and charities. He and his wife are proud parents to two daughters and a puppy, Teddy.